#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;}

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cary Grant

When it comes to old movies, you just can't beat Cary Grant. He is one of my very favorite actors. If you're in the mood to laugh, just watch Bringing Up Baby or Arsenic and Old Lace or The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer or Mr. Blandings Builds his Dream House or His Girl Friday or My Favorite Wife.


And if you feel like crying (and I mean really crying), watch An Affair to Remember or Penny Serenade.

Cary Grant films are classic movies that just never grow old.


Bringing Up Baby (1938)

Susan: "Anyway, David, when they find out who we are, they'll let us out."
David: "When they find out who you are, they'll pad the cell."

David (on the phone with Miss Swallow): "Yes, I did see Mr. Peabody, but I didn't see him...Yes, I spoke to him twice, but I didn't talk to him."

Aunt Elisabeth: "Of course I have a niece, but she's not singing around under windows! She's decently in bed."
Major Applegate: "I wouldn't be too sure, Elisabeth."

David: "Susan, when a man is wrestling a leopard in the middle of a pond, he's in no position to run."

Susan: "Now David, why would I do that?"
David: "I wouldn't dare give a reason for anything you do!"

David: "There are only two things I have to do--finish my brontosaurus and get married at three o'clock!"

Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)

Mortimer: "Insanity runs in my family...It practically gallops."

Mortimer: "When I come back, I expect to find you gone. Wait for me!"

Mortimer: "No, I'm not drunk, Madam, but you've given me an idea."

Mortimer: "Certainly there are 13 bodies in the cellar, and there are hundreds more in the attic."

His Girl Friday (1940)

Walter: "I wish you hadn't done that, Hildy...Divorce me. Makes a fellow lose faith in himself...almost gives him a feeling he wasn't wanted."

The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (1947)

Margaret (to her sister): "You know I'd die for you, only sometimes it's so hard living with you."

Susan: "You're going to make me an old maid!"
Margaret: "Only until you're 18."

Matt: "I'm the court psychiatrist."
Richard: "Come back in an hour. I'll be crazy by then."

Richard: "Jerry, what are you doing out here? Why don't you go inside?"
Jerry: "I'm not welcome. I'm a square in Susan's social circle."

No comments: