#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;}

Friday, August 14, 2015

Knock Out Bronchitis Naturally: 7 Easy Steps

My six-month battle with bronchitis a couple of years ago left me frustrated and exhausted. I had been to the doctor numerous times and had tried several types of antibiotics, cough suppressants, inhalers, and other prescribed remedies. I was losing sleep and patience. Finally, in desperation, my mom and I began a search online for home remedies. At this point, I was willing to try just about anything. And do you know what? The day I started trying these simple remedies, I started feeling better. And within weeks, we had knocked out my bronchitis completely.
I definitely do not oppose visiting a doctor when you are sick, especially with something as serious as bronchitis can be. And I do not oppose taking prescribed medicines or antibiotics when they are needed. But I do want to share what worked the best for me. Antibiotics are often futile against bronchitis, and they have adverse effects on many people's bodies--the biggest of which is cleaning out your good stomach bacteria along with the bad. This can leave your stomach vulnerable to all kinds of serious health issues. I've been there and want to help others avoid it.
I've eliminated bronchitis three times using these basic remedies. So why not at least give them a try?


1. Toss some shredded thyme into a pot of water and heat it to boiling. When it begins to steam, remove the pot from the stove. Hold a towel over your head and carefully lean your face over the pot. Breathe in the steam for a few minutes. Repeat this ritual several times a day, always being careful not to place your face too close to the hot pot to avoid being burned.

2. Take hot showers, breathing in the steam.

3. Eat hot, healthful soups, especially chicken noodle and vegetable.

4. Drink a lot of water--at least six to eight glasses a day.Make a few of those glasses warm water with half a lemon squeezed in it.

5. Drink 100% fruit juices. Check the bottle for amount of vitamin C. A lot of juices actually have 100% or more of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C in just one 8-oz. glass full. Vitamin C is a great builder-upper of your immune system.

6. Rest. When you feel tired, take a nap if possible. Do not feel guilty about resting when your body needs it. Get the recommended amount of sleep each night. This truly works wonders toward healing your body.

7. Be patient. It is normal for bronchitis symptoms to last 4 weeks. If they do not seem to be improving by that time, or if they are only growing worse, you may want to see a doctor. A bacterial infection such as pneumonia may possibly be at the core of the problem. Natural remedies can work wonders, but if you are seriously ill, outside medical attention is very important. There is nothing wrong with taking medicine when needed.

I hope these tips prove as helpful to you as they have been to me!

*Note: All of these home remedies are safe to use while pregnant, except for the thyme mentioned. It has not been proven safe for pregnancy, but you can still breathe steam without the thyme. The steam is the more important part of the remedy.

No comments: