#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;}

Friday, December 3, 2010

It's a Wonderful Life

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
starring: James Stuart, Donna Reed, Lionel Barrymore

George Bailey: "What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey, that's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary."

Clarence: "Your brother, Harry Bailey, broke through the ice and was drowned at the age of nine."
George Bailey: "That's a lie! Harry Bailey went to war - he got the Congressional Medal of Honor, he saved the lives of every man on that transport."
Clarence: "Every man on that transport died! Harry wasn't there to save them, because you weren't there to save Harry."

George Bailey: "Now, come on, get your clothes on, and we'll stroll up to my car and get... Oh, I'm sorry. I'll stroll. You fly."
Clarence: "I can't fly. I haven't got my wings."
George Bailey: "You haven't got your wings. Yeah, that's right."

Clarence: "Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"

George Bailey: [praying] "Clarence! Clarence! Help me, Clarence! Get me back! Get me back, I don't care what happens to me! Get me back to my wife and kids! Help me Clarence, please! Please! I wanna live again. I wanna live again. Please, God, let me live again."

Clarence: "You see George, you've really had a wonderful life. Don't you see what a mistake it would be to just throw it away?"

George Bailey: "Well, you look about the kind of angel I'd get. Sort of a fallen angel, aren't you? What happened to your wings?"

George Bailey: "Isn't it wonderful? I'm going to jail!"

Mrs. Hatch: "Who is down there with you, Mary?"
Mary: "It's George Bailey, mother."
Mrs. Hatch: "George Bailey? What does he want?"
Mary: "I don't know!"
[to George]
Mary: "What do you want?"
George Bailey: "Me? Nothing! I just came in to get warm, is all."
Mary: [pause] "He's making violent love to me, mother!"

A classic, family-oriented, inspiring, timeless, touching movie, It's a Wonderful Life is one of my favorite movies in the world. Every year on Christmas night, our family watches it together, and it is a magical time that I would not give up for anything.

No comments: