#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;}

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas in Connecticut (1945)

Elizabeth: "Oh, it's Yardley. He's sending me a sailor for Christmas."
John: "Oh, how nice... A sailor? Really, Elizabeth!"

Felix: "Nobody needs a mink coat but the mink."

Elizabeth: "Don't you come near me, you seawolf, after the way you deceived me..."
Jefferson: "I deceived you?!"
Elizabeth: "Yes! You're engaged!"
Jefferson: "You're married!"
Elizabeth: "That has nothing to do with it!"

(knock on the door)
Felix: "More company."
Mary: "Does Miss Elizabeth Lane live here?"
Felix: "Everbody lives here. Come in."

Elizabeth: "You mean, you're arresting us?"
Police officer: "That's right, lady."
Elizabeth: "Oh, how wonderful!"

John: "You mean to say the baby swallowed your watch? Good heavens! I must call a doctor!"
Felix: "The police, too! It was a gold watch!

Felix: "What's the matter? Something wrong?"
Elizabeth: "Oh no, no. Just a catastrophe, that's all."

Butler: "I'm planning on having a farm in Connecticut myself, one day. I'd like some good bottomland."
Elizabeth: "Bottomland?"
Butler: "Yes, that's the best kind for farming isn't it?"
Elizabeth: "Oh, some people say yes, and some people say no."
Butler: "But what do you say?"
Elizabeth: "I'm inclined to agree with them."

No comments: